It applies to individuals operating a small business who use analytical skills to interpret legislation and regulations and develop procedures to manage compliance.
This online course is ideal for people who are applying for an electrical contractor’s licence from the Electrical Safety Office (ESO) or are required to become a Qualified Business Person (QBP).
- Outline business registration and licensing requirements
- Identify all government legislative requirements relating to the specific business operation
- Explain creation and termination of relevant legal contracts
- Summarise relevant cultural differences and legal implications
- Describe legal rights and obligations of alternative ownership structures
- Outline necessary record keeping to meet minimum legal and taxation requirements
- Summarise relevant consumer legislation and industry codes of practice
- Outline the key steps in the risk management process
- Explain relevant insurance requirements and products.
100% Online Learning
Method of Assessment
Once you submit your completed unit
Once you have completed all of your assessments for the unit of competency you are studying and have submitted this to be assessed, you will be notified of the outcome as either ‘Satisfactory’ or ‘Not Satisfactory’.
Your dedicated trainer who is also your assessor, will complete the record of assessment outcome and record this as either “Competent” or “Not Yet Competent”. The maximum term for your assessor to provide feedback to you on your completed assessments is 10 working days.
When awarding any assessment result, your assessor will ensure that feedback will be sent to you in relation to the outcome. You will receive this via e-mail and also via your online learning within the 'Message Tab'.