- Organise meetings
- Organise business travel
- Prepare financial reports
- Implement workplace information system
- Write complex documents
- Administer projects
- Coordinate business resources
- Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- Address customer needs
- Promote innovation in a team environment
This qualification is suited to a range of individuals who use well-developed administrative skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of administrative contexts. They apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse information from a variety of sources.
- Accounts Receivable Officer
- Accounts Payable Officer
- Office Administrator
- Data Entry Operator
- Medical Records Officer
- Project Officer
- BSBADM405 Organise meetings
- BSBADM406 Organise business travel
- BSBADM407 Administer projects
- BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources
- BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- BSBINM401 Implement workplace information system
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
100% Online Learning
Method of Assessment
Once you submit your completed unit
Once you have completed all of your assessments for the unit of competency you are studying and have submitted this to be assessed, you will be notified of the outcome as either ‘Satisfactory’ or ‘Not Satisfactory’.
Your dedicated trainer who is also your assessor, will complete the record of assessment outcome and record this as either “Competent” or “Not Yet Competent”. The maximum term for your assessor to provide feedback to you on your completed assessments is 10 working days.
When awarding any assessment result, your assessor will ensure that feedback will be sent to you in relation to the outcome. You will receive this via e-mail and also via your online learning within the 'Message Tab'.